Github user HeartSaVioR commented on the issue:

    @revans2 Thanks a lot for sharing current status. Actually I have been
aware of the patch going through @abellina forked repo, so I expect HBase
plugin and UI patch would be adopted internally, and I also expect most of
metrics would be integrated with new system. I thought only metrics V2 is a
blocker for your team to bring such features to Apache side, and that’s why I
really would want to integrate metrics V2 sooner. I was not aware that they
were prototypes instead of production ready, hence also thought it can be
included to Storm 2.x sooner (2.0.0 ideally).
    If this patch itself is for baseline of other features like elasticity (its
plan is also not transparent and I am not aware of that) I think the patch is
welcome to get reviewed independently and merged in. I wasn’t just not clear
what benefits the patch will provide.