On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Chamila De Alwis <chami...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Dinesh,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> As far as I understand puppet master will identify the node based on the
> cert name of the puppet agent. In the case of a generic base image, does
> puppet agent pass any additional parameters when communicating with the
> puppet master to request the node catalogue?

Yes. when subscribing to cartridge service name is passed as a payload
parameter (values passed in payload can be found at spawned instance's
/tmp/payload directory) , then it will update instance's hostname according
to that [1]. This will use to request the node catalog from puppet master

[1]
https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/tools/puppet3-agent/init.sh#L119