Hi Manas,

Ones CEP received stats from VM, it periodically checks for statics from
that VM. Once it didn't received stats from that VM within one minute CEP
figure it out as a faulty member and it send member faulty event.

Thanks !

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Forgot to mention that CEP will decide the faulty members based on one
> minute window. That is, if an active cartridge is not sending any health
> stats events to CEP in any one minute period, it will be identified as a
> faulty member.
>
> I guess, we can't tell the time stratos will take to terminate and
> re-spawn it. It depends on the IaaS, network etc.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT
> TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco) <mpade...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
>>  Thanks Rajkumar,
>>

>> Does it means CEP won’t wait for specific defined time & declare that
>> cartridge as faulty-vm??
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Manas.

Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte
Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. : http://wso2.com
lean . enterprise . middleware

email : manu...@wso2.com / man...@apache.org
phone : +94 772492511
blog : http://manulachathurika.blogspot.com/
  • ... Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)
    • ... Lasindu Charith
      • ... Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)
        • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
          • ... Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)
            • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
              • ... Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte
                • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
                • ... Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte