Hi Raj,

What you provide in GradientOfHealthRequest.xml execution plan is the
time period that CEP waits to execute the Siddhi Window Processor.
This is not exactly the time period Stratos will wait to detect faulty
instances. It is defined by TIME_OUT variable in
FaultHandlingWindowProcessor.java in
/extensions/cep/stratos-cep-extension/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/cep/extension.
But it works since termination will only occur after CEP execution
plan is executed.

Thanks.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte
<manu...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi Raj,
>
> I don't think this is configurable. Timeout period is hard coded in the
> fault handling window processor at the movement [1].
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/extensions/cep/stratos-cep-extension/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/cep/extension/FaultHandlingWindowProcessor.java#L220
>
> Thanks !
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Manas,
>>
>> Seems it is configurable. We do not need to build the stratos again. We
>> don't need to even restart the stratos.
>>
>> You can edit the following file in your running stratos setup.
>>
>> Please edit the following file;
>>

>> <stratos-setup>/apache-stratos-default/repository/deployment/server/executionplans/GradientOfHealthRequest.xml
>>
>> There you can find the following code block;
>>
>>   <queryExpressions><![CDATA[
>>         from health_grad_processsor
>>                 #window.stratos:faultHandling(1min, member_id) select
>> cluster_id, network_partition_id, member_id, partition_id
>>                 group by cluster_id, network_partition_id
>>                 insert into fault_message;
>>
>> As you can see, we are passing 1min as default. So it will run every one
>> min. Change it to 2min. The changes will take effects immediately. You do
>> not need to even restart the stratos, as it is supporting hot deployment.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte
>> <manu...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Manas,
>>>
>>> Ones CEP received stats from VM, it periodically checks for statics from
>>> that VM. Once it didn't received stats from that VM within one minute CEP
>>> figure it out as a faulty member and it send member faulty event.
>>>
>>> Thanks !

Akila Ravihansa Perera
Software Engineer, WSO2

Blog: http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com
  • ... Lasindu Charith
    • ... Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)
      • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
        • ... Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)
          • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
            • ... Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte
              • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
              • ... Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte