I think even now this is configurable via autoscaling policies (by setting
appropriate threashold values). IMO if we are introducing a new
configuration option to enable/disable autoscaling feature that should come
at service subscription level (application deployment).

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2