+1 for the feature as it removes the overhead of running scale rule(now we
can do it by setting min=max). I think the valuable feature would be the
service subscription level option.

When user disable autoscaling, he has to give instance count instead of min
and max. We have to consider this when designing the API.

Thanks.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1 for the proposal, may be we could have two options to configure this:
>
> 1. At global level to affect all service subscriptions
> 2. At service subscription level to affect only a given service
> subscription
>
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Advantage of option 3 is that we can achieve the desired state
>> (enabled/disabled) in one step process. Say you are starting stratos, you
>> can set it to enable/disable and start it.
>>
>> Whereas in option 1, If we supporting it at API level, we should start
>> the stratos and then call the API to achieve the desired state. Because
>> default value is true.
>>
>> Still option 1 is having the advantage, that is no need to restart
>> stratos.
>>
>> We should support either option 1 or 3.
>>
>> Or both (we can resolve conflicts by giving more priority to API)?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Imesh,
>>>
>>> Say someone want to disable the auto scaling for some testing purpose,
>>> then he can do this by just disabling it in conf file keeping the AS policy
>>> values as it is for later use. He does not need knowledge in editing
>>> policies. At some point when he want it ti re enable, just change in conf
>>> and enable.

>>> --
>>>
>>> Udara Liyanage
>>> Software Engineer
>>> WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com
>>> lean. enterprise. middleware
>>>
>>> web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
>>> phone: +94 71 443 6897
>>>

>> --
>> Raj
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
Senior Software Engineer,

email: lahi...@wso2.com blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/