Gayan: I see another issue here:

We have set QOS to 2 in publisher:

MqttMessage mqttMSG = new MqttMessage(message.getBytes());
mqttMSG.setQos(QOS); // QOS => 2

** <li>Quality of Service 2 - indicates that a message should*
** be delivered once.  The message will be persisted to disk, and will*
** be subject to a two-phase acknowledgement across the network.*
** The message can only be delivered safely if*
** it can be persisted, so the application must supply a means of*
** persistence using <code>MqttConnectOptions</code>.*
** If a persistence mechanism is not specified, the message will not be*
** delivered in the event of a client failure.</li>*

Here we have set clean session option to true in connect options:

MqttConnectOptions connOpts = new MqttConnectOptions();
connOpts.setCleanSession(true);

* <lI>If set to true the client and server will not maintain state across
* restarts of the client, the server or the connection. *This means*
** <ul>*
** <li>Message delivery to the specified QOS cannot be maintained if the*
** client, server or connection are restarted*
* <lI>The server will treat a subscription as non-durable
* </ul>

As I see these two configurations contradicts. May be this is why we see
message delivery fails intermittently. WDYT?