Hi Manas,

I quickly went through the logs and mincheck.drl. And these are my
observations.

   - Nothing wrong with mincheck.drl
   - Cluster monitor is created successfully
   - Cluster monitor is executing monitor() method
   - monitor() executes mincheck drool, since min rule is not satisfied, it
   delegates request to RuleTaskDelegator to spawn an instance.
   - RuleTaskDelegator calls CC to create an instance which is failing[1]
   - So mincheck rule is failing, implies that monitor is failing

So the root cause is instance creation is failing.

1 = >

TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-11-10 07:24:01,648]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.client.cloud.controller.CloudControllerClient}
-  Trying to spawn an instance via cloud controller: [cluster]
imc-dm.imc-dm.domain [partition] RegionOne-Core [lb-cluster] null
[network-partition-id] N1
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.client.cloud.controller.CloudControllerClient}
TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-11-10 07:24:01,651] ERROR
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.monitor.ClusterMonitor} -  Cluster monitor:
Monitor failed.ClusterMonitor [clusterId=imc-ce.imc-ce.domain,
serviceId=imc-ce, deploymentPolicy=Deployment Policy [id]static-1-Core
[partitions]
[org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.stub.deployment.partition.Partition@5126e236],
autoscalePolicy=ASPolicy [id=economyPolicy, displayName=null,
description=null], lbReferenceType=null, hasPrimary=false ]
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.monitor.ClusterMonitor}
Exception executing consequence for rule "Minimum Rule" in
org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.rule: [Error: $delegator.delegateSpawn($ctxt,
clusterId, lbRef, isPrimary): Cannot spawn an instance]
[Near : {... if (isPrimary){ ....}]
             ^
[Line: 1, Column: 1]
    at
org.drools.runtime.rule.impl.DefaultConsequenceExceptionHandler.handleException(DefaultConsequenceExceptionHandler.java:39)
    at
org.drools.common.DefaultAgenda.fireActivation(DefaultAgenda.java:1297)
    at org.drools.common.DefaultAgenda.fireNextItem(DefaultAgenda.java:1221)
    at org.drools.common.DefaultAgenda.fireAllRules(DefaultAgenda.java:1456)
    at
org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.fireAllRules(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:710)
    at
org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.fireAllRules(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:674)
    at
org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.fireAllRules(StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:230)
    at
org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.rule.AutoscalerRuleEvaluator.evaluateMinCheck(AutoscalerRuleEvaluator.java:94)
    at
org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.monitor.ClusterMonitor.monitor(ClusterMonitor.java:157)
    at
org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.monitor.ClusterMonitor.run(ClusterMonitor.java:86)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: [Error: $delegator.delegateSpawn($ctxt, clusterId, lbRef,
isPrimary): Cannot spawn an instance]
[Near : {... if (isPrimary){ ....}]
             ^
[Line: 1, Column: 1]
    at
org.mvel2.optimizers.impl.refl.ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.compileGetChain(ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.java:416)
    at
org.mvel2.optimizers.impl.refl.ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.optimizeAccessor(ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.java:143)
    at org.mvel2.ast.ASTNode.optimize(ASTNode.java:159)
    at org.mvel2.ast.ASTNode.getReducedValueAccelerated(ASTNode.java:115)
    at org.mvel2.MVELRuntime.execute(MVELRuntime.java:85)
    at
org.mvel2.compiler.CompiledExpression.getDirectValue(CompiledExpression.java:123)
    at
org.mvel2.compiler.CompiledExpression.getValue(CompiledExpression.java:119)
    at
org.mvel2.compiler.CompiledExpression.getValue(CompiledExpression.java:113)
    at org.mvel2.MVEL.executeExpression(MVEL.java:930)
    at
org.drools.base.mvel.MVELConsequence.evaluate(MVELConsequence.java:104)
    at
org.drools.common.DefaultAgenda.fireActivation(DefaultAgenda.java:1287)
    ... 9 more
    at
    at
    at
org.mvel2.optimizers.impl.refl.ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.getMethod(ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.java:1104)
    at
org.mvel2.optimizers.impl.refl.ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.getMethod(ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.java:987)
    at
org.mvel2.optimizers.impl.refl.ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.compileGetChain(ReflectiveAccessorOptimizer.java:377)
    ... 19 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot spawn an instance
    at
org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.rule.RuleTasksDelegator.delegateSpawn(RuleTasksDelegator.java:107)
    ... 26 more
Caused by: org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.exception.SpawningException:
javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1791]
Message: elementGetText() function expects text only elment but
START_ELEMENT was encountered.
    at
org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.client.cloud.controller.CloudControllerClient.spawnAnInstance(CloudControllerClient.java:174)
    at
org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.rule.RuleTasksDelegator.delegateSpawn(RuleTasksDelegator.java:87)
    ... 26 more
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException:
ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1791]
Message: elementGetText() function expects text only elment but
START_ELEMENT was encountered.
    at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)
    at
org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.stub.CloudControllerServiceStub.fromOM(CloudControllerServiceStub.java:4312)
    at
org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.stub.CloudControllerServiceStub.startInstance(CloudControllerServiceStub.java:1415)
    at
org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.client.cloud.controller.CloudControllerClient.spawnAnInstance(CloudControllerClient.java:162)
    ... 27 more
Caused by: org.apache.axiom.om.impl.exception.OMStreamingException:
javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1791]
Message: elementGetText() function expects text only elment but
START_ELEMENT was encountered.
    at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.SwitchingWrapper.getElementText(SwitchingWrapper.java:966)
    at
javax.xml.stream.util.StreamReaderDelegate.getElementText(StreamReaderDelegate.java:100)
    at
org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.stub.pojo.MemberContext$Factory.parse(MemberContext.java:1470)
    at
org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.stub.impl.StartInstanceResponse$Factory.parse(StartInstanceResponse.java:417)
    at
org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.stub.CloudControllerServiceStub.fromOM(CloudControllerServiceStub.java:4159)
    ... 29 more
Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at
[row,col]:[1,1791]
Message: elementGetText() function expects text only elment but
START_ELEMENT was encountered.
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.getElementText(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:856)
    at
org.apache.axiom.util.stax.wrapper.XMLStreamReaderWrapper.getElementText(XMLStreamReaderWrapper.java:100)
    at
org.apache.axiom.util.stax.wrapper.XMLStreamReaderWrapper.getElementText(XMLStreamReaderWrapper.java:100)
    at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.SwitchingWrapper.getElementText(SwitchingWrapper.java:962)

We need to look at why instance creation is failing. Do you have any idea
why instance creation is failing?

I am looking into it further.

Thanks.

--
Raj
  • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
      • ... Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)
        • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
          • ... Udara Liyanage
          • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
            • ... Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)
              • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
              • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
              • ... Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)
              • ... Rajkumar Rajaratnam
              • ... Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)
  • ... Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte
    • ... Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)