Hi Imesh,

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Chamila De Alwis <chami...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is the possibility of upgrading to a newer version of Axis2 available (if
>> we are using an older version) ?
>>
> Yes that's possible, currently we are using 1.6.1-wso2v10 and in nexus we
> have 1.6.1-wso2v12 [1]. @Lahiru: Would you mind giving this a try?

I gave it a try with new version with no luck. I tried with following
repository as well.

        <repository>
            <id>wso2.releases</id>
            <name>WSO2 internal Repository</name>
            <url>http://maven.wso2.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/
</url>
            <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
                <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
                <checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
            </releases>
        </repository>

But the it fails to download the jar at the build. Let me know if you know
any other repo.

Thanks.

> We might lose the granularity in the responses (currently we use custom
>> exceptions)  if we switch to REST as the protocol between the components
>> (we'd have to use HTTP status codes, but they can be granular only up to a
>> certain level. After that we'd be down to String comparison).
>>
> I tend to disagree with this statement, when two software components are
> communicating with SOAP, it is possible to use exceptions for communicating
> errors. This helps the client to identify the errors by looking at the
> exceptions.
>
> However it does not mean that we need to do the same with any other type
> of a web service framework. REST by design is different than SOAP. With
> REST we could use response messages with error codes if we need to identify
> specific errors. Otherwise the client could directly display the error
> message given in the response message. IMO this does not mean that we are
> loosing granularity in the responses.
>
> Yes definitely, we will have a separate discussion on this topic and add a
> future task to implement it if we decide to go on that approach.
>
> [1]
> http://maven.wso2.org/nexus/content/groups/wso2-public/org/apache/axis2/axis2/1.6.1-wso2v12/
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

phone: +94773325954