Hi Gayan,

​
> Can you please describe how do you achieve this?

I think you are asking that how I implemented a way to wait for API call
completion. There are three types of operations in GCE.
1. Global operations [1]
2. Region operations [2]
3. Zone operations [3]

Therefore every time we do a API call, one of these operation objects will
be created in IaaS side. That operation has an attribute called status. If
status is DONE, operation is completed. So I periodically polled that
operation object from IaaS in order to check whether the operation has been
completed or not.

I implemented three methods for this in GCEOperations.java class.

a. waitForGlobalOperationCompletion(String operationName)
b. waitForRegionOperationCompletion(String operationName)
c. waitForZoneOperationCompletion(String operationName)

​
> Once you implement the listening to topology events for configuring the
> GCE LB, shall we have a Google hangout for this?​

I'm happy to have a hangout for this. I think I'll be able to complete that
task within this week. I'll let you know once I'm done.

[1]. https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/reference/latest/globalOperations
[2]. https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/reference/latest/regionOperations
[3]. https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/reference/latest/zoneOperations

--