Hi Kishanthan,

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Kishanthan Thangarajah <
kshanth2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Akila and Imesh.
>
> After updating, I actually redid the kubernetes setup again. Now I could
> see that all three nodes are started properly in the vbox. I also could
> deploy the php cartridge app using startos on kubernetes successfully.
>
> Great! Really nice to hear that!

> Few things I noticed while trying out this.
>
> 1. When the sample app was deployed on stratos, some times the deployment
> ended up with the following error. Looks like a similar issue was already
> reported in : http://markmail.org/message/geuinnqjameg7c5f. But I had the
> docker image downloaded on both minions. I'm not quite sure on why this was
> popping up a few times. Could this be due to network issue or delay is
> starting the container?

Yes I have also noticed this few times when running locally, may be it's
something to do with Kubernetes. The only possible reason I can think of
for this is the availability of the Docker image. With my experience it's
much stable when running Kubernetes on EC2 (or may be any other environment
with higher physical resources).

> 2. If the app is undeployed, shouldn't the containers ("php" service in
> this case) also be stopped / removed from the minions? Noticed that the
> containers were still up and running when app was undeployed.
>
> Yes this is the expected behaviour. May be you could share the logs so
that we could investigate whether there is an issue.

> 3. Observed the following error sometimes during app undeployment using
> the script file. Due to this, the app could not be deployed again. This was
> only the app deployed on stratos at this time. Saw a similar issue reported
> with STRATOS-1281.
>

> Yes, this could occur due to the time it takes to remove the containers
and undeploy the application completely. We have implemented the
undeploy.sh script to automate this process with few sleep commands. You
could try to execute the un-deployment process manually via the UI and
remove the artifacts.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne