On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Sajith Kariyawasam <saj...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> At the moment Python Cartridge Agent (PCA) doesn't have a convenient way
> of applying patches.
> If there is an issue identified and fixed, in order to apply the fix to a
> running system that particular file(s) has to be replaced in the running
> system,
> and there is no easy way to revert the patch is there is any issue found
> later.
> Also, there is no way of tracking the list of patches applied.
>
> I would like to suggest to implement a patching model for PCA, similar to
> that we have in Stratos core, which is based on carbon [1]
> WDYT ?

Yeah IMHO we need to have such a patching module for this.We can have a
startup scripts for python cartridge agent which recursively loop in the
patches folder. If the patches are available it will replace the files.We
need to maintain the patch folder no in incremental manner such that
smaller no are replaced from the higher numbers.

--

Gayan Gunarathne
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)