On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:31:45 -0400, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:13:51 -0700, Martin Cooper wrote:
> > Do you have a particular objection to adopting the Tomcat scheme,
> > which Craig and I, at least, prefer over the HTTPD scheme? Can't we
> > just settle on the Tomcat scheme and move on?
>
> I've seen some casual descriptions of the "Tomcat scheme", but, yes, I do prefer the
> protocol the HTTPD team uses.

I know you prefer it - I think that's fairly clear by now. ;-) What I
asked was if you have a particular objection to adopting the Tomcat
scheme, since both Craig and I have voiced a preference for that.

> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html
>
> Is there a link to the "Tomcat scheme" that we can use as a basis of comparison.

I don't know off the top of my head, but I'll certainly look for one.
I can tell you that the 1.2.4 Test Build and Release messages were
cribbed very directly from messages sent out for Tomcat releases.

(BTW, I'm more than a little surprised at the amount of energy you're
putting into this, Ted, given that you've told us all you're going
Emeritus anyway, so that those of us remaining will be the folks
rolling the releases. ;)

--
Martin Cooper