On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:23:05 -0500, Eddie Bush wrote:
> Most of my concerns are in the Release Guidelines.  It's ambiguous
> to say any release should follow the guidelines of both tomcat and
> httpd.  They're decidedly different with respect to where the
> emphasis is placed.

If someone can provide a link to the Tomcat Guidelines, we could drop the link to
HTTPD.

Or, someone could merge Craig's bullets:

----

* Post what amounts to a release candidate and
  announce to a limited audience (dev and user
  lists) asking for testing.

* Testing ensues ...

* Call a vote on the release, with the options
  to call it alpha, beta, stable (that's fine
  with me), or withdraw (if there was some
  bad problem).

* Announce to the world and do the usual process
  of distributing the bits.

----

with the "Additional remarks" on the Release Guidelines page, to create our own
version.