I don't know how to state the problem more simply.  I cannot believe
that this is not obvious.  It is definitely in the top ten of
difficulties discussed.

If you want to go from page A to page B where they have different
ActionForms, as they should, and you want to use one Action and not
instantiate the second ActionForm programmatically, then you cannot
setup the second page.  Why would anyone have to demonstrate that
problem?  It is may the number one problem discussed on the user list,
isn't it?

Jack

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:50:59 -0500, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Without a concrete usecase, I doubt that I would. Without changing
> other aspects of the default request processing, I don't see how it
> would make a shred of difference.
>
> The very best thing would be a patch to either the MailReader or
> Exercises example, that not only demonstrated the problem, but could
> also be used to test the solution.
>
> -Ted.
>
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:13:20 -0800, Dakota Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <SNIP>
> > >
> > > Yep:
> > > http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=111970&view=rev
> > > original discussion thread:
> > > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.struts.devel/23510
> > > The model I have in mind right now for setting up forms, though,
> > > doesn't use the action mapping but rather links the form name to the
> > > ForwardConfig.  It seems more natural to me to associate the set up
> > > with the destination, and it happens once in a while that you have
> > > more than one action which processes a request which all forward to
> > > the same response/view.
> > <SNIP>
> >
> > I would like to be able to set multiple forms in the <action-mapping>.
> >  Is there any reason why you won't allow that?
> >
> > --
> > "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it float on its back."
> > ~Dakota Jack~

~Dakota Jack~