Yahoo: jmitchtx
MSN:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: jmitchtx

On Aug 25, 2005, at 1:00 AM, Craig McClanahan wrote:

On 8/24/05, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 8/24/05, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (on struts-user)

test.jsp has this:
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/tiles"; prefix="tiles" %>

Jakarta?  That can't be right... there's a problem:

The tld in last night's tiles-core.jar has a JSP 1.1 tld with that uri,
which is coming from src/conf.

I noticed that tld the other day when I was changing the Maven build files. The doc/userGuide/tiles-core.xml file does have the right uri. I think the one in src/conf needs to be deleted-- the tld is probably still supposed to be generated from the files under doc/userGuide and doc/ stylesheets as part
of the build.

Eventually I'll generate a complete tld with all the documentation, so that
Maven can create the taglibdoc and tag reference pages... the one in
src/conf doesn't have any of that.

And what JSP version is Standalone Tiles using? The build files declare a dependency on Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0. I thought the intent was for Struts Classic (which is now at Servlet 2.3) to move to Standalone Tiles. Is that
going to be possible with the mismatch in dependencies?

I believe the intent was that Standalone Tiles should rely on Servlets 2.3 and JSP 1.2, as does Struts Classic. I hope that's still the case,
and that we just need to fix up Tiles to conform to that.

Yes, that was definitely the intent for Standalone Tiles.  It probably
got mixed up during the multiple iterations of cut-n-paste from the
Struts-embedded sources, plus cut-n-paste changes to the build
environment, plus ...

Craig

--
Martin Cooper