On Aug 25, 2005, at 12:28 AM, Craig McClanahan wrote:

However, I've got a separate / semi-related question.  Given that
we're changing package names anyway, it would be really cool to
abstract away the servlet API specific calling sequences, so that
standalone Tiles could work equally comfortably in a portlet
environment (without needing any portlet->servlet bridgework).  The
only API a typical Tiles user will be using is Controller, so this
shouldn't be a huge deal.  What do you think?

If we're ever going to do this to standalone Tiles, pre-1.0 would seem
like the right time.

I agree with that. My refactoring job pushed it up to the level of TilesUtil. Are you saying we should take it out of TilesUtil also?

Greg