On 12/2/05, Joe Germuska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That is, using "maven jar:deploy-snapshot", you can build and deploy
> a SNAPSHOT library independent of the <version> in the POM.
> Similarly with jar:install-snapshot, dist:deploy-snapshot, etc.
>
> In short, it builds a JAR with a timestamped version (like
> struts-core-20051106.203359.jar) and then makes a copy of it with the
> name struts-core-SNAPSHOT.jar  So for my team, if we are depending on
> a nightly build, we use the timestamped version, not the SNAPSHOT, so
> that there is no inconsistency.

I just checked in these changes. (Thanks, Joe!)

But I can't get jar:deploy to work.  It keeps insisting that I have to
provide a private key, and I'm sure that I'm giving it the right path
and filename.  I can ssh or scp to people.apache.org with no password,
so I know the keys are okay.

Can someone else please try it?  There's a sample build.properties
file, either use that or put the properties on the command line, then:

$ maven jar:deploy -Dmaven.repo.list=apache

If it doesn't work, you can also change the dependency to 1.5.2 for
the artifact plugin.  That's the one Brett suggested, but the docs say
it requires Maven 1.1.

Let me know what happens... I'll go triple check that I'm using the right key.

Thanks,
--
Wendy