On 12/9/05, Patrick Lightbody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I can press
> ctrl-enter and surround a method with a try/catch block and know that
> my catch block is logging the exception properly without even typing
> anything.

I think my favorites are just managing the import statements,
identifying unused members, and precompiling the code as I work. It's
now very rare for me to run a make and have it fail. If it was going
to fail, IDEA would have told me that already. And, of course,
intelligent renaming of members simply rocks!

With IDEA 5, I also like the way it tracks the exception stack now.
There was a couple places in MailReader where we weren't catching all
the thrown exceptions, but IDEA pointed those out during the
refactoring. I often feel like I'm pair-programming with Commander
Data. :)

In my day job, we also use the code formatting extensively, so that we
are sure that everything is absolutely consistent.

Something I'd like to do is come up with a standard code setting for
IDEA that we could all load up when working here. Of course, we could
have a similar setup for Eclipse too.

Is there something like that for WebWork, Patrick?