On 2/17/06, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is the Struts Action Library what the Struts Classic release page on the
> wiki is about? If not, I'm now quite confused about what Struts Action
> Framework, Struts Action Library and Struts Classic are.

>From the release plan:

* Struts Classic 1.3.0 is a "bootstrap" initiative to extract  seven
new Struts subprojects from Struts 1.2.8.

* Each subproject will be available as an independant distribution

* The set of JARs created or used by all seven subprojects will be
available in one convenient ZIP archive.

* When a subproject has a new GA release, the library distribution
would be updated, and the version counter incremented.

> IMO, such a tag is going to be the only reliable way to connect the version
> number to its precise content.

Per the release plan, the Library is not going to be "versioned". The
releases underlying the JARs already have releases. We decided to give
it a counter instead.

The Library is *not* a a release. It's a set of compatible
dependencies. Many people don't need or want the full distribution.
All they want is the JARs, and so that's what the Library provides:
Just the JARs. It's really no different than the Library distribution
that we provide with 1.2 and prior.

If someone wants to setup such a tag, feel free. I don't see that it
would have any practical value.