On 7/16/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/16/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Both <distributionManagement>/<repository> and
> <distributionManagement>/<snapshotRepository> are pointed to the same
> place (people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)

Just to avoid confusion:  right now on minotaur, /www/cvs.apache.org
is symlinked to /www/people.apache.org .

We should switch everything over to people.a.o eventually, but for the
moment it doesn't matter.

I can't guarantee that it's universal, but this *has* matterred for me in a
couple of cases ... particularly in trying to do builds of things like
MyFaces that have POMs pointing at a Maven repository on cvs.apache.org.  I
get timeouts on the Maven dependency downloads from this hostname, while
they work fine from people.apache.org.  I'd recommend that we at least get
the names correct in our own POMs before posting the release.

Craig

--
Wendy