On 7/16/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/16/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't guarantee that it's universal, but this *has* matterred for me
in a
> couple of cases ... particularly in trying to do builds of things like
> MyFaces that have POMs pointing at a Maven repository on cvs.apache.org
.  I
> get timeouts on the Maven dependency downloads from this hostname, while
> they work fine from people.apache.org.

There is a redirect in place from
http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository to
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository.  Do you only have
trouble when you're behind a proxy?

Previously, it was failing either with or without a proxy.  Just tried it
again, though, and it's working now ... so it might have been a transient
issue.

I'd recommend that we at least get
> the names correct in our own POMs before posting the release.

The Struts 1 parent pom does use people.apache.org in the
<repository>/<url>, so it should be fine for downloads.

I was talking about deployment, where scp'ing something to
/www/cvs.apache.org or /www/people.apache.org is one and the same.
That (<distributionManagement>) is defined in the struts-master pom,
and can be  fixed next time around in v4.

That also affects where Maven looks for dependencies, if you are *using*
Struts 1.3.5, right?  But as long as it doesn't mess anything up, I agree it
can wait for v4.

--
Wendy

Craig