> The modifiers could solve problems 3 and maybe 1
> ("com.acme.{1|slashesToDots}.{2|capitalize}"), and
> perhaps #2 could be solved by
> using the "!" separator instead of the "/" again.
>
> However, the question must be raised whether these
> improvements obscure the
> somewhat advanced wildcard capability.  There is a
> danger in being too fancy for
> your own good, resulting in a feature that is
> perceived as too complicated and
> detrimental to the framework.  Whether that applies
> here is up for discussion.
>
> Don

Yes, that's too complicated.

In ActiveMQ for matching destination names, they have an interesting wildcard
syntax that just uses 2 wildcard symbols [1]:

> -> match anything after this
* match any one word

if we had a convention that results were always lowercase, you could get away
without those checks, too.

[1] - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/wildcard.html