Yes, it does certainly "feel" easier to just go straight to bytecode. (well,
not exactly...I mean you're still basically just passing a String with java
code in it to javassist) At least it wouldn't involve as much hashing lookup
kind of operations to complete.

I'd still be open to doing whatever I can to help, even if it means taking
some direction in design suggestions from others.