I use the default memory, which is 64 or 128 I think. However, I'm a little surprised that unit tests should be creating more than 64M worth of objects (minus the maven footprint). This seems like an issue to me. After each test case all test objects should be released. If a test creates a large set of Objects and the heap space runs out the JVM should perform a full GC and clear out memory for use. So, this means one single test case is creating 64M worth of objects.

-bp

Claus Ibsen wrote:
Brian you got enough memory setup for Maven?

I have
MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m
and have no problems.