On 6/6/07, Frank W. Zammetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everyone... I'm writing my first S2 plugin and I'm running into a
problem, which may well just be one of understanding.

I had thought that any JAR placed in the root of the plugin JAR would be
added to the path, but this seemingly isn't the case.  My understanding is
that a plugin JAR is a self-contained entity, and this to me means it
should include any JARs it is itself dependant on.

So, is my understanding correct, and assuming so, how can I get those
internal JARs available?  I should note that I'm looking for the included
JARs to be available not only to my plugin code but *also* to code in the
webapp its a part of, which maybe isn't possible?  If it isn't, is there
any potential for conflict by having the same JAR within the plugin JAR
and also in WEb-INF/lib of the webapp?

Well, I've written some plugins, and I never pack dependencies in the
same jar, for precisely that reason. But if you really want, you can
always repack jars, but I really see no good reason for it. OSGi,
anyone ?

Phil

Guidance is appreciate whataver the answer(s).  Thanks all!

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Software Architect - Memenco Consulting
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." - John F. Woods