On Wed, June 6, 2007 12:57 pm, Musachy Barroso wrote:
> The whole auto-unpacking thing could quickly become a nightmare, not a
> good
> idea IMO.

Yeah, your probably right... If there was a way to ensure you didn't have
two versions of the same class in two different JARs I might feel
differently, but I suspect that's not possible, not without something a
bit drastic like writing a custom classloader... I for one certainly don't
want to go there :)

All this does however, to me anyway, mean that plugins can't really be
called self-contained, and saying "...can extend the framework just by
adding a JAR to the application's classpath" in the documentation isn't
100% accurate (99% maybe).

Ok, well, doesn't matter, I made my changes and have things working now,
so thanks for the clarification on this guys.

Frank