-1 for that from my point of view:

- id in html page context refers the unique identifier on a page,
whereas name lets you bind to a named target, not necessarily having to
be unique on the page. set clearly references a name from that
understanding (set the named property). I would find id quite misleading.
- TONS of documentation resources, including third party, reference the
set tag (as a WW2 / S2 / even WW1 tag). It is one of the most used tags.
Once we deprecate this, this docs will have to be changed or will
confuse users.

Regards,
Rene