Musachy,

To get this clear, I have nothing against deprecation where it makes
sense. I'm asking only the question: what are the costs of this particular
deprecation, and how does this relate to it's benefits. As for the table
tag, deprecating it was desperately needed since it was not longer
supported, and the "costs" were small...
After all, I don't feel that the set attribute deprecation is needed that
much, or especially from my personal point of view it feels wrong, and I
expect it get users confused either. And the costs will most probably be
really big, we should be sure it's really worth it.

For the name attribute of bean:
Big + 1 to deprecate name on favor of className :)
But IMO changing the name attribute to id in set tag, just to be
consistent with the wrong and confusing usage of name in bean feels a bit
like doubling problems...

I personally personally find the combination of
<s:set name="foo" value="..." />
<s:textfield name="foo" />
a veeery common usecase. That said, I would be quite confused to have to
write
<s:set id="foo" value="..." />
<s:textfield name="foo" />
instead in future.

Anyway, thanks for setting the ticket on hold for now - maybe we manage to
get some more opinions in to bring any possible decision on that topic to
a broad base.

Regards,
Rene

Germany      | gielen at it-neering.net