Along those lines, I'd like to see a plugin that:
 1. Replaces OGNL with the Unified EL
 2. Provides tags that use deferred EL expressions

Then, an application could completely drop OGNL and have native, JSP
tags that tools understand.  No more confusion over what EL you are
using and no more conflicting characters (like '#').

Don