(From "Plugins gone Wild")

On 10/22/07, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also, I wouldn't include the rest plugin in core as it places some
> strict requirements on the format of the url that won't be compatible
> with most Struts 2 apps.

That's a good point. I went over the Rails conventions for REST, and I
would agree that they would tend to conflict with other trends in
Struts development. To further the discussion, I put together some
notes regarding some REST conventions that would better coincide with
our own general direction.

 *
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2PLUGINS/RESTful+CRUD+for+HTML+methods