The problem with working off XML rather than Java is you lose the type
information.  In order to build a useful form, for example, you need
to know that the 'age' field is a number or that 'created' is a date.
XStream puts some data type information into the markup, but not
enough to really be useful, and you could argue it doesn't belong
there in the first place.

Don