I'd like to add a +1 to Ted's remarks.

The nightly builds (including j4 binaries) are done by a process that I run from the Apache Struts zone box. I may very well be wrong, but I was under the impression that those j4 binaries were for convenience only and not part of the official distribution that I have to support if I +1 for a GA.

I agree with you Ted about the need for these being community driven. In fact, late last year, the nightly process had stopped somehow and no one even noticed for many weeks. That was a pretty clear indicator for me as to just how many people were using the nightlies (j4 included).

--
James Mitchell