2008/1/15, Al Sutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > Sorry I don't understand, because English is not my mother tongue.
> Please
> > elaborate it.
> >

> From what you said the only way you know if a release will be supported is
> if you are helping to support it, so from that you should only be voting
> for
> releases which you are willing to support.

Right, in different cases I should vote +0 or -0. Thanks for clarifying
this.

When the vote takes place you should intend to help support it, but if when
> the vote takes place you don't intend to support it then I beleive you
> shouldn't be voting, or even voting -1 if you feel something is
> unsupportable by the community (e.g. the dojo/datetime problems in S2.0).

+1

By death I mean death of the feature or the volunteer, whichever happens
> first :-).

Let's hope it's the former :-D

> And what I'm saying is that you are obliged, ONLY when you vote, to vote
> with the best intentions of helping to support the release.
>
> You are not obliged to support the release continually because we all have
> unexpected things happen in our lives which take up our time, but if your
> voting your obligation is to vote with what your intention is and not to
> vote when you don't intend to help out.

What about replacing the term "obligation" with "intention"?

> otherwise you're basically
> >> saying "let it out, and let some other sucker handle the fall out".
> >

> > So we are all suckers :-)
>
> Only if we continually make releases without intending to help support
> them
> :).

That never happened up to now...

Ciao