That's what the vote is for :) (of course there is the issue of REST
which I am looking into)

musachy

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Al Sutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From a 10,000 ft view it looks like Convention would be the successor to
Zero-Config and Code-behind based on functionality. Possibly a deprecate in
2.1.3+ and 2.2, with a view to drop in 2.3/3.0?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Musachy Barroso" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Struts Developers List" <dev@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Bring Convention plugin into trunk and deprecate Zero
Config

I don't think there is any page that compares them, quick overview:

Code-behind: Provides default mappings for pages without actions,
default results (finds templates based on action name and result)

Zero-Conf: Provides annotations: @Result, @Namespace and
@ParentPackage to create action mappings

Convention: Provides default mapping for actions and results.
Annotations: @Action (results, interceptorRefs...), @Result,
@InterceptorRefs, @Namespace,@ParentPackage, @ResultPath, it also
created default package actions based on convention (Index)

musachy
//maybe some stuff missing on them...