+1 to remove.

Valid points raised by all. I personally use JQuery in my daily life and
have written my own tags to do these functions. I did previously look at the
effort required to update the current tags to the latest dojo but it would
be very time consuming and far easier to start from scratch.  I think a
large problem with the current dojo tags are that it is very complicated to
do simple things (dojo itself is complicated relatively).

With JQuery it is quite easy to do most of the things mentioned so am not
sure on the benefits of tags. That said - if you made the tags powerful
enough - they can be quite useful in a large number of cases - however the
flipside is as you add functionality, maintainability becomes an issue.

btw. If anybody is interested in some JQuery tags I could start a plugin..?