Musachy Barroso wrote:
that should not matter, maybe it is not loading your .properties file.

It is loading it, because once I added a value (false) in my .properties file it got past that error and began to load.

I'm not claiming that class reloading isn't working.
I'm not claiming that struts2 isn't working.

I'm saying I don't use maven, but rather ant so updating dependencies can be tricky. Between a failed ACEGI -> Spring Security upgrade, some changes attempting to make the login accept "username or email address", a bunch of other dependency updates, code updates, switching to 2.1.8-SNAPSHOT, changing from org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher/ActionContextCleanUp to org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsExecuteFilter/StrutsPrepareFilter, and who knows what other changes I've managed to completely break my application. I'm attempting to back out various of those changes to get it working again (and was just trying to turn off the reloading bit so that I knew that had nothing to do with it), but I can't even display the login form right now.

Make sure you do an mvn clean install..just to satisfy the maven dark
gods

I did have to skip the tests to get xwork to compile, too--now that I think about the error I bet it was a java5/java6 thing, too...

http://www.codeodor.com/images/works-on-my-machine-starburst.png :)

Yeah. I guess it would be nice if xwork/struts HEAD could get released (and hopefully go GA) so I would know my java5 compilation environment isn't screwing up anything important.

-Dale