The reason I don't think  io needs to be shaded is because io was never
actually shaded.  Lang was being shaded into io, which can't possibly be right.

>                                 <relocation>
> -
> <pattern>org.apache.commons.lang</pattern>
> +                                    <pattern>org.apache.commons.io</pattern>
>
> <shadedPattern>org.apache.commons.io.xwork</shadedPattern>
>                                 </relocation>

I've been running a patched version of Struts 2.2.1 without shading either asm
or io for months now.  That's why I asked if I should just remove the shading,
to reduce the jar size.

John