Hi,

I would like to share few ideas I have that should be
implemented/introduced in Struts 3.

Request/Response wrappers
Right now user can access raw Request or Response which is quite often
a bad idea. I would like to wrap them with custom interfaces with
default implementation - this will allow simplify testing but also do
things like replacing request parameters with new set (ie. to perform
sanity check).

No more Strings
We are passing Strings all over the framework - they represents
expressions, parameters and other different things. Quite often we mix
Strings with different meaning in the same List or Map - it's very
confusing trying to figure out if I can treat given value safe (can it
be an expression?) or if it's a raw value (I need access to request
param).
To avoid such situations I want to introduce dedicated interfaces that
will represents meaning of its value (RequestParam,
InterceptorExpression, UserExpression, etc)

wdyt?

Regards
--
Ɓukasz