On 04/06/2012 11:02 AM, Branko Čibej wrote:
>> *sigh*  I hadn't considered stale, compromised data not yet purged or
>> overwritten.  Does SQLite's VACUUM statement help with this problem?
>> http://sqlite.org/lang_vacuum.html
>
> Vacuum will reorder the pages in the file to fill holes, but will then
> truncate the database file without first overwriting it with random
> crud. So, no, that's not good enough.

Hrm.  Given the statements that the "VACUUM command rebuilds the entire
database" and that the "VACUUM command works by copying the contents of the
database into a temporary database file and then overwriting the original
with the contents of the temporary file", I would have expected better.  Are
you sure about this?  (And note that I'm not talking about the auto_vacuum
feature, which apparently works differently.)

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpil...@collab.net>