Branko Čibej wrote:
On 27.05.2020 19:30, Stefan Sperling wrote:
Out of the blue, I have received nitpicking of changes I made to the
website and the announce message I sent. I've received this feedback
via the mailing list moderation mechanism.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Who even wrote this?
[...]

Note the response was from moderators of announce.a.o not our own announce@s.a.o. They likely haven't seen this ensuing discussion on our dev@.

So, that anonymous moderator's complaint is doubly silly given that
there are currently 4 releases on dist/release and you can only have one
file named "KEYS" there. I'm pretty sure downstream users who use the
source release are intelligent enough to interpret "KEYS" as "*.KEYS" if
necessary.

There is some history: the KEYS file issue was discussed between us and them somewhere (dev@community.a.o ?) a year or two ago but no consensus was reached. There is some ASF-wide policy they are trying to enforce. Clearly this isn't a good way to go about it.

When I received similar rejections on some previous releases, I sighed and ignored them, thinking that reaching announce@a.o isn't that important and in each case it was the last thing at the end of a tiring day so I lacked the motivation to pursue it.

- Julian