Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 14:13:26 +0100:
> Den mån 24 jan. 2022 kl 14:02 skrev Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>:
>
> > As to what it'll take to actually implement this… I'm not sure.  If
> > someone went in and changed «mkdir(".svn")» to «symlink("/well/known/path",
> > ".svn")», would things Just Work™, or?
> >

> There are OSes where the support for symlinks are, let's say, less than
> perfect.

And?

I didn't propose symlinks as a solution.  I only asked about them in
order to identify the blockers to implementing shared .svn dirs: whether
it's as simple as needing to invent a «--dotsvn-dir» option, or is there
more work needed on, say, identifying SQLite queries that compare
LOCAL_RELPATH without also comparing WC_ID.

> See for example issue SVN-3570. Of course, when we solve #3570,
> then the shared wc.db would be an easy fix ;-)

Or we could deal with the symlink on Windows the same way we deal with
versioned symlinks on Windows: by creating a file ".svn" with content
"link /path/to/some/where".

Cheers,

Daniel