Den sön 3 apr. 2022 kl 18:34 skrev Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>:

> On Sun, Apr 3, 2022 at 11:22 AM Julian Foad <jul...@foad.me.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm in the middle of the
> > > process of testing, however I have some trouble with the gpg keys [...]
> >
> > Me too. It appears I need to update my configured keyserver. Then maybe
> fetch keys and then maybe the checking will work. That's based on, so far,
> finding that checking existing keys fails due to unreachable key server,
> and then reading <
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/656205/sks-keyservers-gone-what-to-use-instead
> >

> I am curious what you are doing ... simply because PGP has always been
> a mystery to me. When I used to sign releases I recall that all I did
> was take the option to verify the signature was valid. Maybe that was
> gpg --verify? I never had a web of trust so that was all I could do
> and I do not recall if we even had a KEYS file back then as this was
> mostly before the move to ASF.

It seems to be a problem mostly related to my key. I can't get the
committer signature list [1] to include my key (and thus the script doesn't
download it to the KEYS file).

> Here is the other info I can share that may be relevant:
>
> 1. The KEYS file is from the script that was shared.
> 2. I had to create a new GPG key. I noticed it gave me one of the
> newer elliptic curve keys. Maybe not all versions of OpenPGP can
> handle these?
> 3. I uploaded it to the MIT keyserver as per something I read in the
> ASF committer docs ...
> Actually looking at history I did this:  gpg --send-key
> EC25FCC105618D04ADB43429C4416167349A3BCB

I've also tried to follow the ASF committer docs and I did exactly the same
command.

I can find the key in https://keys.openpgp.org. I did miss to verify my
e-mail address, don't know if that made a difference. I've successfully
verified the address now.

4. I updated my fingerprint in ASF LDAP

Also did this. According to committers keys [1], the "key [is] not found".

Since I just created this key a couple weeks ago if it is better that
> I generate a new key, re-sign the release and upload new signatures
> just let me know what to do.
>
> Also:
>
> gpg --version
> gpg (GnuPG) 2.3.4
> libgcrypt 1.10.0
> License GNU GPL-3.0-or-later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
> Home: /Users/markphip/.gnupg
> Supported algorithms:
> Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA, ECDH, ECDSA, EDDSA
> Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
>         CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
> AEAD: EAX, OCB
> Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

I'm on GnuPG 2.2.19 (the default from Ubuntu on WSL) but it shouldn't make
much difference.

and

> gpg --list-keys
> /Users/markphip/.gnupg/pubring.kbx
> pub   ed25519 2022-03-21 [SC]
>       EC25FCC105618D04ADB43429C4416167349A3BCB
> uid           [ultimate] Mark Phippard <markp...@apache.org>

I've also got my key here.

We shall see after 01Z tonight when the committer signature list [1] is
updated.

/Daniel

[1] https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/