Evgeny Kotkov <evgeny.kot...@visualsvn.com> writes:

> Merged in https://svn.apache.org/r1905955
>
> I'm going to respond on the topic of SHA1 a bit later.

For the history: thread [1] proposes the `pristine-checksum-salt` branch that
adds the infrastructure to support new pristine checksum kinds in the working
copy and makes a switch to the dynamically-salted SHA1.

>From the technical standpoint, I think that it would be better to release
the first version of the pristines-on-demand feature having this branch
merged, because now we rely on the checksum comparison to determine if a
file has changed — and currently it's a checksum kind with known collisions.

At the same time, having that branch merged probably isn't a formal release
blocker for the pristines-on-demand feature.  Also, considering that the
`pristine-checksum-salt` branch is currently vetoed by danielsh (presumably,
for an indefinite period of time), I'd like to note that personally I have
no objections to proceeding with a release of the pristines-on-demand
feature without this branch.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/xmd7x6bx2mrrbw7k5jr1tdmhhrlr9ljc

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov