On Thu 10 Jul 2014 at 13:29:59 PDT Evan Gates wrote:
I will agree that it's super easy to implement and understand and it covers
most needs.
But how about search?
Is it fast?

What about structural regular expressions as found in sam that aren't
limited to lines?

Yes, one of the things I always liked about sam was that it doesn't
force you to think of your text in terms of lines.  Reading Pike's paper
on structural regular expressions was an eye-opener, and I wish more
editors supported this technique.

It would seem to be easier to implement with a buffer gap than with a linked
list of lines (or pieces), but I've never done the experiment.  Maybe I should
blow the dust off my coding skills and see how it goes...