Στις 26 Απρ 2022 23:59, ο/η Robert Winkler έγραψε:
To make a long story short: The input of UTF-8 characters with st needs
an IBus daemon (standard on Gnome, but not on other window managers such
as Plasma, dwm, ..).

I added to ~/.config/autostart:

`Ibus-Daemon.desktop`

~~~
[Desktop Entry]
Name=IBus Daemon
Type=Application
Exec=ibus-daemon -drx
Terminal=false
~~~

Thanks for all your ideas!

Well, UTF-8 or st definitely do not need IBus, I haven't it installed on
my system and everything works fine. Yet if it provides a solution, go
for it.

Just in case they may help you avoid IBus, my Debian system (systemd
multi-user.targer, no Display Manager, X started by startx) related etc
files:

cat /etc/default/locale
LANG="el_GR.UTF-8"

cat /etc/default/keyboard
XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="us,gr"
XKBVARIANT=","
XKBOPTIONS="grp:caps_toggle,numpad:mac,grp_led:caps"