Hello Superset Community -

During the last Superset meetup
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xRLqmUn-G7WiPe8qZnfuvbrYHZ1jmk9aSv9Bhjis2tg/edit#heading=h.dwvzfxp2ne5r>
I proposed that we "bump" the upcoming Superset 0.39 release to a 1.0
version number. Here is the rationale:

   - Version 1.0 indicates a very significant, major maturity milestone in
   the project, and sends a strong signal that the project is ready for "prime
   time" use,
   - Over the course of 2020 there has been a steady climb in contributions

<https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/graphs/contributors?from=2019-01-01&to=2020-12-14&type=c>
   ,
   - In November we graduated from incubation at the Apache Software
   Foundation (ASF),
   - We now have a public roadmap
   <https://github.com/apache-superset/superset-roadmap/projects/1> (based
   on SIP-53 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/issues/10894>)
   with a 1.0 Milestone

<https://github.com/apache-superset/superset-roadmap/projects/1?card_filter_query=milestone%3A%22superset+1.0%22>
   ,
   - Over the past 6 months there has been significant improvements in
   UX/UI as well as many areas of product functionality (see list of
   approved SIP
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/projects/7#column-8111287>)
   and developer experience

Please share your comments, questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Bence