Saliya and Asankha,

I disagree here, note that these two modes handle two different scopes of
the scripts. Yes, it is possible to add a script with functions in the
inline scripting case, but this mode is rather expected to be used in very
simple mediation. In that case you do not have functions declared inside the
script but it is just a set of statements to be executed.

In contrast, if you look at the referred external script then it is more or
less a set of functions and the main function that you need to invoke has to
be specified and this defaults to "mediate" if not specified. In order to
understand this in detail, you may have a look at the invokeScript method of
the ScriptMediator class in which you call mediateWithExternalScript if the
script is external and if the script is inline it just executes the
statements in the specified order which is evaluated in the method
mediateForInlineScript.

I suppose this separation is good an provides a simple mediation approach as
well as a complex mediation approach if required.

Thanks,
Ruwan