Ruwan Linton wrote:
Saliya and Asankha,

I disagree here, note that these two modes handle two different scopes of the scripts. Yes, it is possible to add a script with functions in the inline scripting case, but this mode is rather expected to be used in very simple mediation. In that case you do not have functions declared inside the script but it is just a set of statements to be executed.

If the concept is to facilitate simple scripts (i.e. without methods) in the inlined case and support any sort of a script in the external case then that's fine. Anyway it's useless to have an Inlined script with several methods if you want to execute just one of them. However, if the user provides an Inlined script where the outside code invokes a function in the same script then it will work, won't it?

Anyway I think it'll be great if we can put a line into the documentation saying that Inlined scripts are ought to be simple where as external ones may be complex and can be reused.

Thanks
Saliya
In contrast, if you look at the referred external script then it is more or less a set of functions and the main function that you need to invoke has to be specified and this defaults to "mediate" if not specified. In order to understand this in detail, you may have a look at the invokeScript method of the ScriptMediator class in which you call mediateWithExternalScript if the script is external and if the script is inline it just executes the statements in the specified order which is evaluated in the method mediateForInlineScript.

I suppose this separation is good an provides a simple mediation approach as well as a complex mediation approach if required.

Thanks,
Ruwan