Hi Francesco,

Yes, you are right. My description here in this mail wasn't correct. But I
usually run "mvn clean install -Pjaxrs" in core module.

> > 3)      I run "mvn clean verify -DskipTest" in core and cancel the execution
> while cargo:start command is executed.
>
> I don't understand this step: why are you doing this at all?
>
> > 4)      I run "mvn cargo:run"
>
> You'd better run "mvn -Pdebug" from the core directory for this: it starts
> Tomcat with all test configurations but without running any actual test (and
> with JPDA enabled on port 8000, it might be useful when developing).

Good advice. For some reason I was not aware of this profile and thus tried to
get same same thing accomplished the described way.

> > 5)      I start JUnit test manually (org.apache.syncope.core.rest.jaxrs) in
> > my
> Eclipse IDE --> 2 Errors and 4 Failures
> >
> > 6)      I rerun JUnit test --> 14 Errors and 6 Assertion failures
> >
> > I haven't done any changes to the code at this point. But without being
> successful in running JUnit test in my IDE manually, I cannot make any
> changes to the code, remove Spring MVC and thus break our build.
> > Especially the ability to rerun test is quite important to me to speed up
> development time. All this was working without problems after CXF
> migration was complete. But unfortunately it is not any longer.
> >
> > Can someone confirm these test issues, or is it just me?
>
> Can you try with the different build profiles reported above?

I did as suggested and my test results are:
* 2 Errors and 3 Failures for the first run
* 14 Errors and 6 Failures for the second run

Best regards.
Jan